What is a Trac5 Ambassador?A local advocate of Trac5 principles of reconciliation and peacebuilding who is actively involved and committed to engagement in their community by:
- Reaching out across the divide to “the other”- Intentionally and strategically developing relationships with communities of faith that are different from their own.
- Partnering together to serve the community- Once partnerships are developed between different faith communities Ambassadors help guide the faith communities together to determine how to serve the local community in a way that makes a difference.
- Model lasting relationships of reconciliation- Through the process of uniting different faith communities, natural relationships will develop which will serve as an example & model for both communities.
Methods of Engagement:
- Make new friends
- Church or Mosque visits
- Invite the "other" to an event that your faith community hosts
- Host Sharing Ramadan or Sharing Christmas event (seasonal)
- Partner in a Compassion in Action project (see resource below)
- Host a Sacred Text Study
- Start a Community of Reconciliation (see resource below)
- Be creative and initiate your own community project and we will feature your event on our Ambassadors in Action webpage:
“Sharing Ramadan” Resource Guide
Compassion in Action Facilitator Kit
Communities of Reconciliation Group Guidebook
Sharing Ramadan 2011-
San Ramon, California
Columbia, South Carolina
Raleigh, North Carolina
Clifton, New Jersey
New York City, New York
We have 23 Ambassadors in 18 cities across the US!
We have one international Ambassador!
Want to learn more?
If you are interested in learning more about the Trac5 Ambassador program please contact Trac5